This work was done under the Institute Projects viz., ‘Taxonomy of Pseudococcidae, Coccidae and Diaspididae (Hemiptera: Coccoidea)’
funded by the Indian Council of Agricultural Research, New Delhi.
The specimens are housed at the following repository:
ICAR-National Bureau of Agricultural Insect Resources, Bengaluru.
Manjunath, B., Sunil Joshi, Harish, K.
Processing and permanent slide preparation:
Identification, factsheet preparation, imaging & compilation by:
Sunil Joshi, Principal Scientist, Division of Germplasm Collection and Characterization, ICAR-National Bureau of Agricultural Insect Resources, Bengaluru.
Website designed by:
Md. Mazhar, B.I.
Young Professional - I
(Network Project on Insect Bioinformatics and Computational Biology)
Sunil Joshi 2018. Common Soft Scales of India. World Wide Web electronic publication. ICAR-NBAIR, India. http://www.nbair.res.in/Coccidae/index.html
The following individuals and institutions are gratefully acknowledged.
- Dr. Chandish R. Ballal, Director, ICAR - National Bureau of Agricultural Insect Resources, Post Bag No. 2491, H.A. Farm Post, Bellary Road, Bengaluru 560024, Karnataka, India for facilities and encouragement.
- Dr. Penny Gullan, Retired Professor in Division of Evolution & Ecology, Research School of Biology, The Australian National University, Canberra, Australia, for encouragement, providing literature and comments on identities of some species.
- Dr. Christopher Hodgson, Retired Professor, Department of Biodiversity and Biological Systematics, National Museum of Wales, U.K. for encouragement and literature.
- Dr. Gillian Watson, California Department of Food & Agriculture (Emeritus), California Department of Food & Agriculture, 3294 Meadowview Road, Sacramento, CA 95832-1448, U.S.A., for suggesting several corrections/additions to improve the website.
- Dr. Takumasa (Demian) Kondo, Corporación Colombiana de Investigación Agropecuaria (CORPOICA), Centro de Investigación Palmira, Calle 23 Carrera 37 Continuo al Penal, Palmira, Valle, Colombia for comments on identity of some species.
- Mr. Paul Brown, Senior Curator, Sternorrhyncha, Lice and Thrips, Life Sciences Department, LS Insects Division, The Natural History Museum, Cromwell Road, London, SW7 5BD for sending slides of many species for studies.
- Dr. Mohammad Hayat, Professor Emeritus, Department Zoology, Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh 202002, Uttar Pradesh, India for providing slides of Indian species of Pulvinaria Targioni Tozzetti.
- Dr. T. Venkatesan, Principal Scientist, Division of Genomic Resources, ICAR - National Bureau of Agricultural Insect Resources, Post Bag No. 2491, H.A. Farm Post, Bellary Road, Bengaluru 560024, Karnataka, for his timely help by providing his staff for designing this website.